Thursday, January 28, 2010

rhetorical analysis cl

For my Rhetorical analysis I want to look at a speech by the late Margaret Sanger. Her great speech was considered on the of the top 100 speeches of all time by www.americanrhetoric.com. I am analyzing her speech because I have a book with no essays. I found the speech online along with a few other great speeches. This essay is interesting to me because it was written in 1921, but is on a topic which is still holds controversy today; almost 100 years later. The essay takes a close glimpse at birth control and the ethics of it. Margaret askes a few questions to her audience in her essay "the morality of Birth control":

1. Is over-population a menace to the peace of the world?
2. Would the legal dissemination of scientific Birth Control information through the medium of clinics by the medical profession be the most logical method of checking the problem of over-population?
3. Would knowledge of Birth Control change the moral attitude of men and women toward the marriage bond or lower the moral standards of the youth of the country?
4. Do you believe that knowledge which enables parents to limit the families will make for human happiness, and raise the moral, social and intellectual standards of population?

I personally have no real stance on if birth control is ethical, but I look forward to picking apart this side of the storyl

No comments:

Post a Comment