Thursday, April 22, 2010

happy earth day


40 years ago today, Earth day was born to bring attention to many ecological concerns. here we are today still celbrating. Some people celebrate differently than others. I myself am celebrating by not shaving, and making a needed trip to the recycling center. My house is begining to look like a trash can. I saw this television show once where a guy had a hoarding disease and he was obsesive compulsive. So he would wash his recycling like eight times before he did anything with it. He lived llike oscar the grouch. how do people do that? Any ways, back to earth day...The environmental movement in the late ’60s and early ’70s was driven by a strong sense of urgency that I just don't think exists anymore. But in my opinion, Earth day is more than a simple reminder that we need to take care of our planet. To me it represents spring and the rebirth of warmer times. That may sound shallow, but I enjoy the smell of earth day. Can you smell what this big rock is cookin? Its spring time again. finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment